[AUTO]:[Counter Blast (2)] When this unit is placed on (VC), you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your opponent’s rear-guards, and retire it.
[AUTO]:[Counter Blast (2)] When this unit is placed on (RC), if you have a «Royal Paladin» vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your opponent’s grade 2 or greater rear-guards, and retire it.
Blaster Blade is the legendary hero from Planet Cray. Many know him as Blaster Blade, but it is the name of his weapon. His blade can pierce through any enemy. He has saved Planet Cray from Phantom Blaster Dragon, Chaos Breaker Dragon, Star-vaders, and Gyze. No enemy is too tall or strong to overcome. Blaster Blade leads the path to peace and harmony with his fellow vanguards.
Blaster Blade’s skills retire one of your opponent’s rear-guards when he rides the vanguard circle or is called to the field. As a vanguard, Blaster Blade may retire any unit of your choosing. However, he can only retire grade 2 or greater rear-guards when he is a rear-guard. His skill is more effective in the late game when your opponent has his or her best rear-guards on the field. Blaster Blade will retire them and clear the path for your winning image.
Furthermore, Blaster Blade is a very diverse card by being a member of two archetypes and having generic skills. He is a Blaster and key card in Alfred decks. The archetypes can form an entire deck together or you may create a deck with just one of the archetypes. Blaster Blade is a required card with Majesty Lord Blaster and Alfred Early. His skills are also genetic, and that makes him a playable card in every Royal Paladin deck.
Combo 1: Man’s best friend!
- Call Blaster-friend Barcgal to the back row.
- Call Blaster Blade in the same column as Barcgal.
- Activate Blaster Blade’s skill an retire an opponent’s rear-guard to gain momentum!
- Then, activate Barcgal’s skill to counter charge one card. This skill reduces the cost of Blaster Blade’s skill.
Finally, Blaster Blade became a great card again with the release of Divine Knight King, Alfred Holy Saver. Blaster Blade gains twin drive as a rear-guard. This ability proves a huge advantage. You will have five drive checks in a single turn, and your opponent may be forced to use a Sentinel to block Blaster Blade’s attack instead of saving it to block a vanguard’s attack.
Combo 2: Unleash Blaster Blade!
- Stride Divine Knight King, Alfred Holy Saver.
- Activate Alfred’s effect to give Blaster Blade 3,000 power and Twin Drive!
- Call Floral Paladin, Flogal behind Alfred
- Attack your opponent’s vanguard with Alfred and give Blaster Blade trigger effects (all effects if your opponent uses a perfect guard to block Alfred).
- Attack your opponent’s vanguard with Blaster Blade and he only has Twin Drive for this battle.
- Use Flogal’s skill to stand Blaster Blade for a second attack.
Play these cards with the legendary hero, Blaster Blade!
- Divine Knight King, Alfred Holy Saver
- Blaster-friend, Barcgal
- Floral Paladin, Flogal
Overall, Blaster Blade became a great card after being fully revived in the last year of Cardfight!! Vanguard G. My favorite card is a major threat alongside Divine Knight King, Alfred Holy Saver. Their team brings out Blaster Blade’s fullest potential. I have won games games with my second combo. My opponents could not handle Blaster Blade’s destructive wave of attacks.
Card Rating: (4 / 5)
Original Post Date – March 8, 2013