Bushiroad revealed the new mechanic Delete! Delete is a special mechanic exclusive to Kouji Ibuki’s Link Joker units known as the Deleters. Prepare to be deleted!
Daunting Deleter, Wokshyz
[ACT](VC): [Counter Blast (3)-card with “Deletor” in its card name & Choose one of your rear-guards, and put it into your soul] Delete all of your opponent’s vanguard, and this unit gets [Power]+10000 until end of turn. (The deleted unit is turned face down, its power is 0 and loses its text. It turns face up at the end of the owner’s turn.)
[AUTO](VC): At the beginning of your opponent’s ride phase, if your opponent has a deleted vanguard, your opponent may choose a card from his or her hand, and discard it. If your opponent does not, your opponent cannot normal ride during that ride phase. .
How Delete works.
Delete flips a unit face down. Its power becomes zero and the unit also loses its text. The unit will remain face down until the end of the owner’s turn
- A deleted card lose its text. This includes text such as Restraint and Lord.
- Deleted units do not lose their clan, grade, name, and nation. Cards like Nullity Revenger, Masquerade can activate their skills.
- Deleted units can attack. They can only gain power from boosters and trigger effects.
- Deleted units retain Twin Drive.
- If your Vanguard is in Legion, then both units are face down. Both units have zero power and they lose their texts.
- You may ride an unit on top of a deleted unit. However, you are unable to gain Break Ride abilities because the deleted unit does not have text.
- Both players may look at a face down card. However, only touch an opponent’s card with his or her permission. It’s proper card fight etiquette!
Delete provides a different game plan than Lock. Delete provides a major offensive advantage to Link Joker. It forces an opponent to play a perfect guard to block a vanguard’s attacks. Quintet Walls are unable to consistently protect a vanguard without zero power. Furthermore, the opponent is unable to ride unless he or she discards a card during the ride phase. However, Delete comes at a high price. Daunting Deleter, Wokshyz’s skill costs 3 counter-blasts and putting a rear-guard into the Soul.
The nice feature about Delete is that it allows the opponent to fight back. The opponent cannot effectively fight back. However, it is not a complete shutdown skill like the infamous Lock. Players can boost deleted units and they have the option of riding a new vanguard. Players will be pleased with the ability to fight back instead of doing very little each turn under Lock. This also removes Bushiroad’s need to make cards to counter deleting like they did with the vanguards that can unlock units.
Overall, the Deleters propose an interesting offensive threat with their Delete skill. It provides Link Joker with an offensive strategy that the Star-vaders lacked. Their play style will be much different from the Star-vaders. Players will enjoy higher powered offensive game instead of a slow-paced game against the Star-vaders. Players can will be able to begin the new era of Link Joker in the upcoming trial deck and movie booster set. Deleters will definitely attract new Link Joker players.